Add: 6 floor, 6/A building, Xifa Yongqi science park, Tiezai road, Xixiang town, Baoan district,Shenzhen,China
Tel : 0755-27348887
Fax : 0755-27349876
E-mail : email@example.com
Byron / 2018-01-09
Many engineers may not design all PCB types because of different electronics filed that they focus on. In this article, you’ll learn more about Rigid flex circuits design.
Rigid flex circuits are more challenging than the design of a typical rigid board environment,which are widely used in military,medical and aerospace industries, as these boards are designed in a 3D space, which also offers greater spatial efficiency. By being able to design in three dimensions rigid flex designers can twist, fold and roll the flexible board substrates to achieve their desired shape for the final application's package
The definition of Rigid flex PCB:
Rigid flex printed circuit boards are boards using a combination of flexible and rigid board technologies in an application. Most rigid flex boards consist of multiple layers of flexible circuit substrates attached to one or more rigid boards externally and/or internally, depending upon the design of the application. The flexible substrates are designed to be in a constant state of flex
The advantages of Rigid flex PCB:
Rigid flex circuits provide higher component density and better quality control. Designs are rigid where extra support is needed and flexible around corners and areas requiring extra space.
· Space requirements can be minimized by applying 3D
· By removing the need for connectors and cables between the individual rigid parts the board size and overall system weight can be reduced.
· By maximizing space, there is often a lower count in parts.
· Less solder joints assure higher connection reliability.
· Handling during assembly is easier in comparison with flexible boards.
· Simplified PCB assembly processes.
· Integrated ZIF contacts provide simple modular interfaces to the system environment.
· Test conditions are simplified. A complete test prior to installation becomes possible.
· Logistical and assembly costs are significantly reduced with flex-rigid boards.
· It is possible to increase the complexity of mechanical designs, which also improves the degree of freedom for optimized housing solutions.
Rigid flex PCB technology has entered a very mature and stable development stage, PCBASTORE has full set of high efficiency production process, any more problems, The expert in PCBASTORE will make a detailed solution for you.
If you have any comments or suggestions about this post, please leave a reply here